Nominations for the 2024 award are now open
Since 2016, the fNIRS Early Investigator Award recognize noteworthy contributions made to fNIRS by a member at an early career stage.
The award includes a certificate and a cash prize.
Nomination deadline: June 14th, 2024
Nominations will be evaluated by the Award Committee with the final selection made by the SfNIRS Board of Directors
The award will be announced at the fNIRS 2024 biennial meeting and the awardee will give a presentation during the awards ceremony session
- 2016: Rob Cooper, University College London
- 2018: Kaja Jasińska, University of Toronto
- 2021: Wesley Baker, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- 2022: Alexander von Lühmann, Boston University
Terms of the award
- A candidate must have an advanced degree (e.g., PhD, MSc, MD) or be working towards an advanced degree
- A candidate must not be more than SIX (full-time equivalent) years post the award of their advanced degree.
- The candidate must provide evidence of sustained activity in fNIRS research (as demonstrated by their curriculum vitae and publication list)
- The candidate must be a member of the Society for fNIRS
- The candidate must submit one (or more) abstract(s) to fNIRS 2024 as a lead author
- We expect the candidate to participate in the Society for fNIRS conference in the year of their nomination and do an invited talk as part of the award acceptance process
- A candidate who is unsuccessful in any given year can be re-nominated in a subsequent year if the candidate meets the award criteria in the year of nomination
The candidate must be nominated (self-nomination is not allowed) and the nominator must be a member of the Society for fNIRS.
A full nomination package must contain:
- A nomination letter
- A two page curriculum vitae demonstrating the candidate’s accomplishments
- A list of the candidate’s publications
- An additional letter of support
- A copy of the candidate’s submitted abstract/abstracts
Nominations with an incomplete package will not be considered
Nominations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14th, 2022